FREMONT – Fremont High School is releasing updated protocol for activities for the winter and the precautionary steps that are being taken to ensure the safety of all involved. These changes are in reference to guidance from the Nebraska State Activities Association (NSAA).
The updated protocol for all sports will be as follows:
- SIX designated fans per participant are allowed to attend (this includes cheer and dance team members performing at the event) at the following events: basketball games and wrestling duals.
- FOUR designated fans per participant are allowed to attend swimming duals and bowling duals.
- TWO designated fans per participant at bowling double duals.
- Spectator groups must sit together. Fremont High School parents can update their form of designated spectators through this link.
All other prior protocols will remain in effect.
- Masks are required at all Fremont Public Schools venues
- Prior to attending an event, please self assess for symptoms, do not attend if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid- wash hands frequently, social distance when possible. If you have recently been tested for COVID-19 please stay home until test results are known. FHS will sanitize the benches in between games.
- Athletes: Players are required to wear masks on the bench/locker room/hallways/but not when actively participating in the sport (warming-up/competing).
- Spectators/Coaches/Cheer/Dance/Other school or team personnel: Masks are required per the NSAA and FPS policies at all indoor events.
- NO concessions will be provided and NO food or drinks will be allowed in the gyms.
- Temperatures will be taken upon entry. Anyone with a temperature of 100.0° or higher will not be allowed to enter.
- All Fans will enter from the North Parking Lot Commons Doors (#5)
- Fans may be seated on the West side of the Bahe gym or the upper deck of the East side.
- Fan groups must sit together based on the participant that they are there to watch. Please sit on or immediately adjacent to a FPS sticker on the bleacher seats – no one is allowed to sit in the rows marked off with caution tape.
- Teams will be located on the East side with chairs socially distanced.
- Programs will be available via QR codes only. We will not be printing programs.
- Streaming: Varsity contests will be available
- from FHS https://www.youtube.com/c/fpstigerpride
- A full listing of streamed events can be found on the FPS website.
A full listing of each activity schedule can be found at https://www.heartlandathleticconference.org/public/genie
The protocol for each sport was developed based on guidance from the Heartland Athletic Conference, NSAA, the National Federation of High School Sports, and Three Rivers Public Health.
As a reminder, we must also follow the protocols that are put in place at away games. The host school of each event will communicate its protocol to families through the FHS Activities Office.
Scott Anderson, FHS Activities Director, shared, “We are glad to open up our events a little more. Please continue to follow the protocol so that our student-athletes are able to continue their season.”