FREMONT – Fremont High School is releasing updated protocol for activities for the winter and the precautionary steps that are being taken to ensure the safety of all involved. These changes are in reference to guidance from the Nebraska State Activities Association (NSAA).
The updated protocol for all sports will be as follows:
- FPS venues will allow 50% capacity for spectators wishing to attend the remaining basketball
games this season.
- Spectators must be socially distanced.
Heidi Moran, FHS Assistant Activities Director, shared, “We are excited for the opportunity to open up our facilities to accommodate community members that wish to support our student-athletes, dance and cheer teams.”
Activities on Friday, February 19 will include:
- Boys JV Basketball game at 4:30 pm at Al Bahe Gymnasium
- Girls Varsity Basketball game at 6:00 pm at Al Bahe Gymnasium
- During Halftime of the Girls Varsity game, FHS will honor all state championship medalists
from fall and winter sport competitions
- Boys and Girls Cross Country, Wrestling, Tennis and Bowling Medalists
- Following the Girls Varsity game, FHS will celebrate the accomplishments of seniors participating in cheer, dance, and basketball
- Boys Varsity Basketball game will follow at approximately 7:45 pm at Al Bahe Gymnasium
All other prior protocols will remain in effect.
- Masks are required at all Fremont Public Schools venues.
- Temperatures will be taken upon entry. Anyone with a temperature of 100.0° or higher will not
be allowed to enter.
- NO concessions will be provided and NO food or drinks will be allowed in the gyms.
- Prior to attending an event, please self-assess for symptoms, and do not attend if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you have recently been tested for COVID-19, please stay home until test results are known.
- Athletes: Players are required to wear masks on the bench/locker room/hallways/but not when actively participating in the sport (warming-up/competing).
- FHS will sanitize the benches in between games.
- Spectators/Coaches/Cheer/Dance/Other school or team personnel: Masks are required per
the NSAA and FPS policies at all indoor events.
- All Fans will enter from the North Parking Lot Commons Doors (#5)
- Fans will have designated seating. Home fans will sit on the West side or in the bleachers
behind the home team. Visitor fans will sit behind the visitor team bench or in the balcony.
- Please sit on or immediately adjacent to an FPS sticker on the bleacher seats – no one is
allowed to sit in the rows marked off with caution tape.
- Teams will be located on the East side.
- Programs will be available via QR codes or print.
- Streaming: Varsity contests will be available from FHS https://www.youtube.com/c/fpstigerpride
- A full listing of streamed events can be found on our website at www.fremonttigers.org
- A full listing of each activity schedule can be found at https://www.heartlandathleticconference.org/public/genie/406/school/1/
The protocol for each sport was developed based on guidance from the Heartland Athletic Conference, NSAA, the National Federation of High School Sports, and Three Rivers Public Health.
As a reminder, we must also follow the protocols that are put in place at away games. The host school of each event will communicate its protocol to families through the FHS Activities Office.
“As we head into district basketball and state competitions we are very proud of our athletes and
appreciate the way the community has supported them throughout the year. The opportunity to attend games in person and experience High School athletics has been extended to us and we are pleased to be able to pass that on to the community,” stated FHS Activities Director Scott Anderson.