LINCOLN – The Big Ten Conference announced today that it will be canceling all conference and non-conference competitions through the end of the academic year, including spring sports that compete beyond the academic year, and participation in all NCAA tournaments and competitions. In addition, the Conference has announced a moratorium on all on- and off-campus recruiting activities for the foreseeable future.
“The main priority of the Big Ten Conference continues to be the health, safety and wellness of our student-athletes, coaches, administrators, fans and media as we continue to monitor all developing and relevant information on the COVID-19 virus,” said Big 10 officials in a statement.
In accordance with Wednesday’s announcement from the Big Ten Conference, all University of Nebraska home sports competitions will be closed to the public, effective immediately.
“As of today, all Nebraska home games and competitions will take place as scheduled, but will be limited to student-athletes, coaches, essential staff and personnel, credentialed members of the media and immediate family members of the participating teams,” said the University in a statement Thursday afternoon.
Further discussion on the status of the Red-White spring football game on April 18 at Memorial Stadium and Nebraska volleyball’s April 25 spring match in Grand Island will occur in the coming days.
Huskers Tickets and Refunds
- All season ticket holders will receive a partial refund for all impacted games.
- All single-game ticket purchases will be refunded by the Nebraska Athletic Ticket Office, and processed as follows.
- Tickets purchased online or via phone will be automatically refunded.
- Tickets purchased in person can be returned to the point of purchase for a full refund.
Non-Nebraska Athletics Events
- All outside competitions or events scheduled to take place in University of Nebraska athletic facilities have been canceled until further notice.
- This includes youth sports clubs practicing and competing in Nebraska athletic facilities, outside tours and other scheduled events.
Any additional information or updates will be provided as needed and communicated through Nebraska social media channels and on Huskers.com.