Classification: Salary Exempt
Reports to: Plant Manager
We have a great position located just outside of Omaha, NE for an entry-level Foreman! The Foreman is responsible for the overall leadership of hourly employees for two of our sand plants. This includes contract maintenance activities for the location operations. Key objectives include adhering to safety standards and production expectations. This position will be working 2PM-11PM after the initial training and will receive night shift premium pay.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate standards of excellence in the daily work assignments of assigned team in order to meet safe production as outlined by Management. Standards should be communicated through stated goals, daily interaction, and team meetings.
- Develop and provide feedback to employees that communicates and drives results based on location expectations.
- Perform standard office duties, plant duties and operate mobile equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective communications within all areas of the operation.
- Must make regular inspections for safety, housekeeping and mechanical issues in all areas of the operation.
- Implement and apply all safety rules, regulations and procedures of mine and property as set forth by federal, state, local agencies & MM policies.
- Work closely with Plant Management team to insure implementation of scheduled maintenance on all equipment.
- Demonstrate a positive, upbeat attitude and energy level towards teammates, peers, and customers.
- Complete daily production, safety and maintenance reports accurately.
- Responsible for maintaining quality of all products.
- Maintain housekeeping and appearance standards as established.
- Assist with equipment repairs and housekeeping as needed
- Must be able to work all shifts as needed
- Other duties as assigned
This job operates 90% of the time in mining locations to include sand plants, quarries, and remote offices. 10% of the time will be in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
There will be occasional travel required.
Required Education and Experience
- An associate’s degree in a Skill Trades Capacity
- Two or more years of supervisory experience or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management, two or more years of supervisory experience or equivalent
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- MSHA Blue Card
Please contact Dyonne Hauswirth at 515-697-3410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.