Martin Marietta is currently looking for motivated individuals to work at our Sand Plants out of Valley, NE. We currently have openings for a Dredge Operator and a Plant Operator. These openings would be for either of our shifts: first shift (6AM-4PM) and second shift (3:30PM-1:30AM).
• Must be able to or willing to learn to operate all other mobile equipment, including: haul truck, motor grader, water truck, loader and crane.
• Assist in plant repairs and clean-up.
• Perform pre-shift safety inspection on equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance and service mobile equipment. Report needed repairs to shop personnel.
• Responsible for good housekeeping of equipment.
• Adhere to MSHA and plant safety rules and regulations.
• Perform duties with minimum supervision.
Minimum Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Strongly prefer previous experience operating heavy mobile equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to read equipment operating manual.
• Must be able to complete pre-shift inspection report.
• Must be able to communicate in English on radio or CB.
• Possess basic mathematical aptitude to complete daily reports.
• Must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
• Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner.
• Must be able to read and interpret gauges.
• Proven ability to work in a TEAM environment.
• Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to operate hand/foot controls.
• Possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and distances up to 150 feet.
• Must be able to limb on and off equipment to operate and service.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around mobile equipment.
• Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 10+ hours per day.
• Must work outside in all weather conditions consistent with extreme ambient temperatures: heat, cold, wetness, dryness, dust, and noisy conditions.
• Must be able to work at various heights.
Larger equipment is typically air conditioned. There will be times when outside assignments that may require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
• Prescription Drug
• Health Care Reimbursement Account
• Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
• Wellness Programs
• Employee Assistance Plan
• Paid Holidays and Vacation
• 401(k) with Company matching
• Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
• Optional Long-Term Disability
• Employee Life Insurance
• Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
• Business Travel Accident Insurance
• Direct Deposit Payroll
• Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
• College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
• Matching Gift Program
• New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
Martin Marietta is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.