Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Walnut Radio, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Walnut Radio, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Walnut Radio, LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Walnut Radio, LLC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Why we collect information.
Flood Communications, L.L.C. collects information to assist us in delivering a superior level of product. We collect information to gain a better understanding of our customers and their needs and thus provide more valuable services. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites and Internet services are of most interest to them.
It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, updates, special offers, promotions, and events that you might like to hear about.
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience with our products and services. Here are the types of information we gather.
Our servers automatically collect certain non-personally identifying information, such as your computer’s IP address, the type of browser in use, and pages viewed, streams viewed or listened to and when you visit our Sites. We use this information to understand how visitors navigate through our Sites and use our products, to enhance your experience while using our Sites, and to make the materials we post as valuable to visitors as possible. We do not link this information to personally identifiable information.
Information You Give Us:
We receive and store any information you enter during account creation or any information you voluntarily provide us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain personally identifiable information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the personally identifiable information that you provide to us for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your experience, improving our product, and communicating with you.
How we use the information collected.
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better service.
It helps us gain a better understanding of how our products are used, including Web traffic patterns and what types of content are most popular with users of our products and services.
This information is also used to improve our software and services by providing personalized content recommendations, location customization, and/or personalized help and instructions.
We track content accesses and downloads for the purpose of paying royalties and license fees to third party providers, such as record labels, advertisers and other copyright holders and content distributors.
When you create an account – providing your name, email address, zip code and birth date – and choose a password and password hint (such as the month and day of your birth) for security. The system saves your information and assigns you a personal ID – in many cases simply your email address, because it is unique and easy to remember. You have the option for streaming services to “remember” you, and your favorites or other preferences you have set will be available automatically, and on occasion greet you by first name. Some this information may, on occasion, be transferred to 3rd parties to automatically fill in relevant form fields and simplify the process. This information is not stored on the 3rd party website until you submit the form. However, once the form is submitted, then this personally identifiable information may be stored on the 3rd party website.
If you use a message board, chat room or other means of public communication, you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you post as a message to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Flood Communications, L.L.C. is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
Technologies used to collect information.
Our advertisers help us deliver a number of useful services which are free of charge to you. Our advertisers will often employ the use of a “click-through URL” linked to content on their website. When a customer clicks one of these URLs, they pass through a web server before arriving at the destination web page. They track this click-through data to help determine general interest and measure the effectiveness of customer communications.
Although persons of all ages may visit our websites and participate in activities that do not require the collection of personal information, we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Except for the limited circumstances listed below, we will automatically reject and delete the registration or entry of any person we believe in good faith to be underage. Any false or fraudulent registration or entry from a minor will be deemed to be ineligible and will disqualify the minor from the receipt of a prize, benefit, or other participation.
Except to meet Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) regulations, as required by applicable laws, or other regulatory and legal purposes, we will not use, store, or disclose any child’s personal information to a third party without prior parental consent.
When we disclose information.
Flood Communications, L.L.C. does not use your personal information for purposes incompatible with those listed above. Flood Communications, L.L.C. does not sell, rent, or share your personal information to a third party unless you consent to provide such information to a third party partner or content service.
Flood Communications, L.L.C. may disclose relevant information about our customers to our contractors (e.g. a customer service contractor or a credit card clearing service) in order for them to provide specific services for Flood Communications, L.L.C., and to better serve our customers. Flood Communications, L.L.C. contractors are bound by strict contractual requirements to keep all personal information they process strictly confidential and to use such information solely on behalf of Flood Communications, L.L.C.
Also, Flood Communications, L.L.C. may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Flood Communications, L.L.C. (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Flood Communications, L.L.C. and its products; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Flood Communications, L.L.C. products or the public at large.
Links to other websites.
Flood Communications, L.L.C. websites and products contain links to other websites and products. Flood Communications, L.L.C. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or products. Please visit the privacy policies of these third party sites in order to understand their privacy policies and data collection practices. Flood Communications, L.L.C. has no liability for these third party sites, their policies or actions.
Security of personal information
The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to try to protect guest information from unauthorized access and improper use. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods.
As of January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Changes to this policy.
(Last updated November 2013)
Used with permission. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited.
This website is protected by copyright. It is published by Flood Communications, L.L.C and is made available to you under the following terms and conditions:
1. that it is for your personal use only or for business use only within the terms and conditions accepted when registering;
2. you may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or make it available except to download it onto a single computer and view it for private use only;
3. you may not, except with our express prior written permission, distribute or commercially exploit it; you may not transmit it or make it available on a network without our express prior written permission;
4. use of it is at your sole risk.
The intellectual property rights (including copyright and database rights) in the material, information and computer files on this site are owned by or are licensed to Flood Communications, L.L.C. Nothing transfers to you any rights of ownership of such intellectual property rights or constitutes a license to use such intellectual property rights other than to the extent expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
You may not remove any product identification, copyright notices or other notices from the materials or any copies of the materials which you may have made for your own private use.
Product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred to on the pages of this site are the property of their owners and are exhibited only in such a manner as is intended to be of benefit to their owner. Flood Communications, L.L.C intends no infringement of these property rights.
The above terms may apply to the whole or any part of the site. All other rights are reserved to Flood Communications, L.L.C. Any infringement of Flood Communications, L.L.C rights will result in appropriate legal action.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO and on any website associated with any of those stations. In the following rules, “KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO” means Walnut Radio, LLC which owns KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO radio:
- No purchase is necessary to enter any KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO contest.
- Some KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO during said contest. Only one winner per month per household is permitted per contest. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Anytime you call the KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
- As a winner of a KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
- In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO awarding the prize to the winner. KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
- All KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO that will be presented to KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO and accepted before the prize is awarded.
- Winners will be expected to claim prize at one of the KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO studios. These studios are located at: KHUB/KFMT – 1746 E 23rd Avenue North, Fremont, NE 68025; KOBM-FM – 1015 S Hwy 30, Blair, NE 68008; and KOBM-AM/KCRO/KOTK – 11717 Burt Street, Suite 201, Omaha, NE 68154 (unless otherwise noted), 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
- Employees of KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO and Walnut Radio, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
- KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
- KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO and Walnut Radio, LLC, assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO and Walnut Radio, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
- As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
- KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time.
- The contest judge’s decision is always final.
- For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (402) 727-5555. The person operating the telephone at KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
- KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or Internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
- A copy of these rules is available during business hours at the KHUB/KFMT/KOBM-AM or FM/KOTK/KCRO studios. These studios are located at: KHUB/KFMT – 1746 E 23rd Avenue North, Fremont, NE 68025; KOBM-FM – 1015 S Hwy 30, Blair, NE 68008; and KOBM-AM/KOTK/KCRO – 11717 Burt Street, Suite 201, Omaha, NE 68154