SAN ANTONIO, Texas – Early season struggles continued for Midland University’s baseball team over the weekend as the Warriors managed just one win in a four-game series with the Our Lady of the Lakes University Saints.
The Warriors won game two of the series by an 8-2 score, but dropped the other three games by a total of four runs. In the three losses, the Warriors totaled just four runs compared to an eight-run showing in their lone win.
STATS OF THE GAME
- Tyler Seebaum – five innings, one earned run, four hits allowed
- Devyn Cary – one scoreless inning in relief
- Gabe Settles – 1-for-2, double
- Warriors scored three runs in each the first and fifth innings
- Darius Johnson – 3-for-5 (one double), three runs, stolen base
- Matt Abdelnour – 2-for-4, (one double), one run, three RBIs, one walk
- James Scurto – CG (nine innings), two earned runs, 11 strikeouts, one walk
- Darius Johnson – 3-for-4 (one double), one run
- Matt Abdelnour, Gabe Settles – one RBI each
- Cameron Harrington – 1.2 innings in relief, one strikeout
- Brendon Jones – three innings in relief, one hit, no runs allowed
- Chase Reynolds – 2-for-4, stolen base, four defensive assists
- Darius Johnson – 1-for-4, stolen base
Midland now sits at 2-9 overall with their GPAC and home opener scheduled for this weekend. The Warriors will host Dordt University for a home doubleheader on Friday, Feb. 28, starting at 4:00 p.m.