LINCOLN – In high school swimming last night at Lincoln North Star, Lincoln Pius X defeated the Fremont boys, 87-76. However, the Fremont boys took down Lincoln North Star, 101-65. In girls action, Pius defeated Fremont 107-56, and Fremont beat Lincoln North Star, 89-65.
On the boys side, Subway Swimmer of the Meet honors went to Nathaniel McClellan in his first meet as an eligible varsity swimmer for the Tigers. McClellan put up State secondary marks in both the 50 free and 100 backstroke. “Nathaniel proved he’s going to be a great asset to the team,” according to coach Ali Granger, “and we can’t wait to see what the rest of the season brings for him.”
Other boys’ highlights:
- Cade Arnett and Josh Iossi both cut their usual swim times, setting new PR’s in their sprint free races, and helping on the boys B relays.
- Isaac Follett performed well, dropping almost 8 seconds in his 100 fly for a new PR.
- Zach Johnson gave an almost lifetime best time in the 500 free.
- John Monson also lowered his time in the 200 IM.
On the girls side, Subway Swimmer of the Meet went to Addie Schiemann for great points in the 100 fly and 100 back. “She was an asset on relays,” said coach Granger. “Addie overcame some tough mental practices to have a very successful meet.”
Other girls highlights:
- Lucy Dillon dropped over 14 seconds in her 500 free, and split in the medley relay, boosting the girls to a season best time.
- Kelseigh Olson dropped 12 seconds in her 200 IM and 8 seconds in her 100 fly.
“Overall a solid day of swimming for the tigers,” remarked the coach. The Tigers head to Lincoln East next week for another dual.