The Fremont High swim team competed in the HAC Championships on Friday & Saturday at Lincoln Southeast, with many fine performances.
At the meet, two Fremont High records were broken. First, in the boy’s 200 medley relay, the 1985 record time of 1:45.06 was smashed at 1:43.74 by Mac Prince, JJ Pelikan, Colton Juhl and Dylan Bobbett. The boys placed 4th in the finals on Saturday.
- In the 200 Free, the boys Dylan Bobbett placed 11th. Grant Westerman placed 16th.
- In the 100 Fly, JJ Pelikan took 8th place.
- In the 100 Free, Colton Juhl took 3rd place with a time of 50.62, Mac Prince placed 8th in 52.68, and AJ Jacobus took 14th in 55.16.
- In the 500 Free, Dylan Bobbett placed 9th, Grant Westerman took 12th.
- In the boys 200 Free relay, they placed 4th in 1:34.62.
- In the 100 Backstoke, Mac Prince took 8th place in 59.67 and AJ Jacobus took 14th.
- In the 100 Breaststroke, JJ Pelikan took 4th place in 1:04.52 and Jack Norris took 16th.
- Finally, in the boy’s 400 free relay, the team placed 7th.
The boys finished 6th overall in the team scoring.
Also in record breaking time, Lauren Gifford swam the 100 breaststroke in a new record time of 1:11.11; the previous record was 1:12.68 held by Donella Bateman from 1977. Gifford also broke the 200 IM record, previously held by Emma Walz, placing 6th on Saturday in 2:17.45.
- Emma Walz placed 4th in the 50 Free in 25.33 on Saturday at finals, and 3rd in the 100 Free in 54.89.
- In the relays, the girl’s 200 yard medley relay, Fremont swimmers placed 6th at 2:05.72.
- In the 200 yard Freestyle relay, the girls placed 6th in 1:49.7.
- In the girls’ 500 freestyle, Jacie Pelikan placed 13th.
The girl’s team placed 7th overall in the team scoring.
The swimmers are now prepping for the State Meet in two weeks at the Devaney Center in Lincoln.