LINCOLN – The Fremont Tigers Swim Teams ended their dual season last night with a pair of team losses, despite plenty of individual event wins.
On the boys side, Subway Swimmer of the Meet went to Devin Mark. Coach Ali Granger was impressed with his performance Thursday night, “[Devin had] great swims in his individuals, stepping up and doing a new event, as well as contributing to the relays.”
Other boys highlights:
- Juan Inurreta dropped over 2 seconds in his 50 free and again in the relay.
- Josh Iossi officially broke the 1 minute mark in the 100 free, “Which is a huge success for any swimmer especially in their first season,” according to Coach Granger. He also aided in the 200 and 400 free relay wins for the boys team.
- Senior Mack Prince put up a lifetime best in the final time he will swim the IM as a Tiger.
- Nathaniel McClellan went a lifetime best in the 200 free, breaking the 2 minute mark.
- John Monson had a lifetime best 500 free.
On the girls side, Subway Swimmer of the Meet went to Kiera Spilinek for her over 30 second drop in her 500 free. “Kiera swam a great race and showed how strong she has gotten this season,” said the coach.
Other girls highlights:
- Emma Walz had the lone wins for the girls in the 200 IM and 100 free.
“The kids are ready for the Elkhorn invite next week,” said Coach Granger. Also coming up soon is the annual HAC meet.