FREMONT – The Fremont High track and field teams hosted the A-2 District Meet at Appleget Field yesterday. In the boys’ meet, Fremont won the district championship, scoring 212 points. In the girls’ meet, Fremont came in fourth.
For the Tiger Boys, state qualifiers include:
- Lucas Arps, who was second in the 200m dash at 22.74. Arps also took first in the 400m dash at 51.52. Caelin Reeh was second at 51.64.
- Wes Ferguson was first in the 800m run in 1:59.59. Jose Gonzalez was second in 1:59.88.
- Gonzalez won the 1600m run in 4:28.49. Chase Cate was second in 4:32.67 and Wes Ferguson was third in 4:32.81.
- Chase Cate won the 3200m run in 10:06.65. CJ Martinez was fourth in 10:13.30.
- Tristan Novak was first in the 110m high hurdles at 15.12. Austin Everitt was third at 16.10.
- Novak took first in the 300 IM hurdles at 41.42.
- The Tiger 4x400m relay of Wes Ferguson, Ben Schultz, Caelin Reeh and Lucas Arps took first in 3:27.89.
- The Tiger 4x800m relay of Matthew Klein, Ben Schulz, Edmund England and Jose Gonzalez was first in 8:11.10.
- Ross McMahon was third in the high jump at 6-2. Jacob Sellon was first in the pole vault at 15-04. Cody Fielder was fourth at 12-08.
- Austin Everitt was first in the long jump at 22-01.50.
- Mycal Hansen was first in the triple jump at 43-05.
- Bergan Hofer won the shot put at 54-11. Spencer Fitz was third at 50-06.25.
- Jakub Donshescki was first in the discus at 158-00. Tate Moeller was second at 157-05 and Keegan Menning was third at 154-11.
In the girls meet, Lincoln Pius X was first with 143 points. Fremont was fourth with 59. State Qualifiers for the Fremont girls include:
- Karla Zavala, taking fourth in the 800m run in 2:28.05.
- Myia Johnson was second in the 1600m run in 5:23.28.
- Emily Nau was fourth in the 3200m run in 12:14.67.
- Shelby Bracker was first in the 300m low hurdles in 48.66.
- Mikayla Paulson was fourth in 50.00.
- The Lady Tigers 4x100m relay of Juanita Mendoza, Kennedy Jones, Catalina Paz and Savanna Pieper was third in 51.55.
- Juanita Mendoza was first in the pole vault at 10-07.