OMAHA – Two new cases and a list of possible exposure times & locations were confirmed by the Douglas County Health Department on Sunday evening. There are now 18 cases of COVID-19 in Nebraska, predominantly in Omaha.
The 17th case is the same one alluded to at Saturday night’s press conference, when authorities were still working to confirm the details. That case is now confirmed in a woman in her 40s, who was exposed to one of the prior confirmed cases.
The 18th case is that of a woman in her 30s who was exposed at the Special Olympics tournament inside the Fremont Family YMCA on February 29th.
The City of Omaha and Governor Ricketts are now considering additional restrictions on public gatherings in light of the fact that these new cases attended numerous events and went to a long list of public places. Those additional restrictions may include limiting bars & restaurants in the city to capacities of 25-50 people at a time. Omaha’s Mayor Jean Stothert says that decision hasn’t been made yet; additional information is expected on Monday morning.
The DHHS says there are numerous new “low risk” exposures, but anyone who attended the following list of events or locations during the specified times should monitor themselves for symptoms for the next 14 days. If you have been exposed and you begin to show symptoms like fever over 100.4, dry cough, or difficulty breathing, you must contact your healthcare provider by phone for further advisement and limit your activities in public places immediately.
Possible exposures due to these new cases include:
- Monday, March 2: Walmart on 120th Street from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 3: Walmart on 180th Street from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 4:
- Walmart on 120th Street from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- A bus from Barret’s Barleycorn Pub and Grill at 4322 Leavenworth to a Creighton basketball game
- The Creighton basketball game against Georgetown at CHI Health Center
- Patty McGown’s located at 45th and Center from 9:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Walmart at 168th and West Maple from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, March 5: Walmart at 11350 Wickersham Boulevard in Gretna from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, March 6: Walmart at 168th and Maple from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 7:
- Walmart at 168th and Maple from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Creighton basketball game against Seton Hall at CHI Health Center
- The Stadium Club from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Barry O’s Tavern from 5 to 6 p.m.
- The Jackson Street Tavern from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Drastic Plastic inside the Monster Club from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Wincherster’s at 70th and Q from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 10: Kona Grill Outdoor Patio in Village Point from 5 to 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 11:
- Walgreens on 24th and L from 1:30 to 2 p.m.
- The Hy-Vee on 50th and Center from 5 to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 12: The Walmart at 168th and West Maple from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.