FREMONT – If you’re looking to recycle a Christmas tree, tree debris from your yard, or glass in the coming months, there are several opportunities to do so in Fremont.
The Glass Recycling and Tree Debris Disposal Site in south Fremont is still open, but will have modified hours for January and February 2020:
Winter hours for the Glass/Tree Debris Recycling Site:
January 11, 2020, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
January 25, 2020, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
February 8, 2020, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
February 29, 2020, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Starting March 7, 2020, the site will be open every weekend, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., weather permitting. The site is located on the west side of South Broad Street, north of the Platte River Bridge.
Recycling Christmas Trees:
If you’re looking to recycle a live Christmas tree, you can take advantage of the City’s Christmas tree drop off site anytime before January 6th – this drop site is located on the east side of Broad Street, between 9th & 10th in the Lenihan Building parking lot. Remember to remove all wire, decoration, stands, plastic bags, and other trimmings before placing your tree at the drop site.
More information about the Glass Recycling Site:
Here’s what to expect when you arrive to the Tree Disposal and Glass Recycling site:
- Individuals will be required to check in with City staff at the gate.
- Trees go to the North and Glass goes to the South.
- Individuals will be required to unload their own vehicles/trailers.
- No bags or boxes allowed in the glass bunker. Glass only. Dump your glass into the bunker and take bags and boxes with you.
- No trash allowed. Individuals contaminating either the glass recycling and/or tree debris may lose their privilege to return.
Types of glass that will be accepted include:
- Glass food and beverage containers
- All colors. No sorting required
- Labels and caps can remain on the glass
- Glassware, such as wine or pint glasses
- Plate glass – all hardware, framing, casings and spacers must be removed
Types of glass that will NOT be accepted include:
- No windshields
- No ceramic, porcelain, or milk glass
- No boxes or bags
- No laminated glass
- No mirrors