FREMONT – If you’re a local artist, MainStreet of Fremont wants you to start thinking about Christmas – well, the Christmas Walk, specifically.
Held every November, the Christmas Walk draws visitors to the Downtown Fremont district for holiday activities and themed photo opportunities. This year’s theme is Christmas Toyland, and MainStreet is hoping for local artists to build scenery and design projects to fit around the benches in the downtown neighborhood.
“[We want artists to create] a family oriented Christmas Toyland theme that takes you back in time and reminds you of those family traditions that we value near and dear to our hearts,” said Cortney Schaefer, Executive Director for MainStreet of Fremont. “When you would sit and watch the old train set that went around the tree or the time spent sledding down hills.”
Design and detailed explanations for your project must be submitted by September 3, 2019 to email@example.com. MainStreet of Fremont’s Design committee will choose 5 designs that will display from November 1st – 30th throughout the Historic Downtown district. Winners will be announced the night of the Christmas Walk, Saturday, November 30th.
Guidelines are as follow:
- Christmas Toyland Theme that is predominantly handmade and family oriented
- Cost no more $250; Design Committee will solicit 5 organizations for sponsorships
- Lights must be solar or battery operated. No external electricity can be supplied
- Weighted down with at least 10 -15 lbs. to sustain winds and environment.
- Height requirements: limit up to 6 feet tall and length up to 8.5 feet wide.
- No logos or corporate imaging
- No alterations to permanent benches can be made. Includes: paint, tie down, metal, tapes, or glues
- 5 Designs chosen will be announced September 13, 2019
- Include name, email, and phone number in submission
For more information, contact: Cortney Schaefer, Executive Director of MainStreet Fremont at (402) 721-2264.