FREMONT – If you’ve had branches knocked down by recent high winds, or you’re ready to start trimming your trees ahead of the next big storm, the City of Fremont has good news: the city Tree Disposal Site will open this Saturday to take those limbs off your hands.
The Tree Disposal Site is located on South Broad Street just north of the Platte River Bridge (on the Dodge County side) and it will be open every Saturday from 8AM to Noon, beginning June 1st until further notice. The site is for residential tree and brush disposal only.
Know Before You Go:
- Individuals will be required to sign in with City staff and be required to provide name, address, phone number, what was dropped off and where it came from.
- Individuals will be required to unload their own vehicles/trailers.
- Commercial Tree/Landscaping companies are prohibited.
- City of Fremont staff will be on hand to direct you to the appropriate site for your disposal.
- Grass clippings and leaves will not be accepted. (These items must be taken to the transfer station.)
- The City of Fremont reserves the right of refusal to any individual that does not meet above criteria.
- Rules are subject to revision as needed.
Storm damage to trees, and to the property or vehicles under those trees, is often preventable with proper tree maintenance. With storm season in full swing and the tree disposal site open and ready to receive your trimmings, consider pruning your trees soon, if they need it. Get tips on how to prune your trees to prevent storm damage from the foresters at OPPD by clicking here.