Fremont Fire Dept Responds to Applebee’s Late Night Blaze

FREMONT – A Fremont restaurant suffered a kitchen fire around 2:30AM today, when a fryer system caught fire.

The Fremont Fire Department responded to a commercial fire report at the Applebee’s on east 23rd street yesterday when a fire broke out in the restaurant’s kitchen. The fryer and hood system caught fire and went through that system and into the roof.

Fremont Fire worked for an hour to extinguish the blaze, then worked an additional hour and a half to ventilate the smoke and ensure no other systems could catch fire.

The heaviest damage was contained to the hood & vent system in the kitchen. Some ceiling and roof damage was also sustained. The building was unoccupied at the time of the fire; the fire was called in by someone parked at the nearby Walmart who noticed smoke.

Fremont Rural Fire Department and Arlington Volunteer assisted the Fremont Fire Department during the incident.

Share:
Comments