FREMONT – Grocery shoppers in Fremont are about to get another great budget option. ALDI, a leader in the grocery industry, will open its first store in Fremont on Thursday, November 15th, 2018.
To celebrate the store opening, ALDI will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Thursday, Nov. 15, at 8:30 a.m., followed by its popular Golden Ticket giveaway offering gift cards to the first 100 customers. Shoppers can also sample ALDI-exclusive brand foods and enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win a year’s supply of ALDI produce.
“Everyone deserves great food at affordable prices. This is our mantra at ALDI, and we’re excited to introduce it to customers in Fremont with our brand new store,” said Mark Bersted, Olathe division vice president for ALDI. “ALDI stores are designed with shoppers’ time and money in mind, and we’re proud to bring the community a better grocery shopping option.”
The new Fremont ALDI store layout provides an improved in-store experience and features additional refrigeration space to accommodate even more fresh, healthy and convenient products. Compared to last year, 20 percent of the ALDI product selection is new. The ALDI product expansion is the next phase of the company’s aggressive, national growth and remodel plan. As part of the product expansion, ALDI is increasing its fresh food selection by 40 percent with many organic, convenient and easy-to-prepare options. ALDI stores also feature open ceilings, natural lighting and environmentally-friendly building materials.
The store will be open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Sunday.
How is ALDI different?
ALDI stores are “different by design” to give customers the best possible grocery shopping experience. A few ways ALDI provides value to its customers include:
- Offering a streamlined selection that removes the guesswork from shopping. ALDI stores don’t carry two dozen types of peanut butter, for example. The focus is carrying the best options at the best prices – more than 90% of ALDI’s store stock is from their award winning in-house brand.
- Simplifying operations, including a .25-cent grocery cart rental and asking customers to bag their own groceries.
- Selling seasonal or limited run items with intention. Premium food and household products sold in stores for a limited time, called ALDI Finds, are available when our customers need them most, like rain boots in the spring or Dutch ovens near Thanksgiving.
Know before you go:
- Take a quarter with you if you need a grocery cart at ALDI! Carts are available under a rent-return-refund arrangement. You insert a quarter into a slot on the cart to “unlock it” from it’s tether, use it to shop around, then when you return the cart and lock it up, you receive a quarter refund! The arrangement encourages shoppers to return carts and eliminates the need for cart collections in the parking lot.
- Paper or plastic, you’re paying for the bag. ALDI does not provide plastic or paper grocery sacks free of charge. Customers are encouraged to bring their own shopping bags, reusable bags, boxes or totes to the store. ALDI also sells reusable bags. You can use empty stock boxes from around the store, as well. Alternately, ALDI does have “traditional” grocery bags for purchase at the cash registers – they cost a few cents each.