Fire Reported at Local Home in Fremont

Fire Reported at Local Home in Fremont
File Courtesy of The City of Fremont

The Fremont Fire Department arrived at 240 South Clarmar at 11:18 p.m. on Thursday, May 10, to extinguish a fire caused by the residents’ dryer.

According to Captain Jamie Meyer, the residents were doing laundry when they smelled smoke and saw fire coming out of the dryer. After attempting to put the fire out themselves, they called the fire department.

The residents and one of their four dogs had exited the home before the firefighters arrived on the scene. There was smoke coming from the open front door and garage door, but the smoke did not reach the neighboring duplex, according to Meyer. The fire was extinguished quickly, and the dogs were removed from the home.

The residents refused treatment. Meyer said there is no estimate of the damages caused by smoke.

Share:
Comments