LINCOLN – All FEMA lead Disaster Recovery Centers will close on Friday, May 17th, 2019 as FEMA begins to remove its workforce due to a dropoff in immediate needs.
FEMA will continue to assist survivors of the March disaster. After a DRC closes, survivors can still contact FEMA in the following ways:
- By calling the Disaster Assistance Helpline at 1-800-621-3362
- Online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov
- By downloading the FEMA app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store for Android devices. Within the app, click on “disaster resources.”
The Small Business Administration (SBA) will also continue to assist those in need, as they did at the Disaster Recovery Centers. To contact the SBA:
- Visit www.SBA.gov/disaster
- Call the customer service center at 1-800-659-2955
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
FEMA and SBA specialists will still be able to help survivors complete and check the status of their applications through any of the contact methods above.
You must register for assistance no later than May 20, 2019 in order to receive consideration for benefits.