OMAHA – Security changes are underway at the CenturyLink Center in Omaha.
Starting December 31st, with one exception, only clear bags will be permitted in the arena.
The exception is for small clutch-sized bags but only after a proper security inspection. No large bags or purses will be allowed into the arena.
After observing the ease of the transition with venues across the state, MECA and Creighton University believe the new policy will be the best practice for anyone who attends events at the CenturyLink Center.
- Clear plastic bags, measuring 12 inches tall, 12 inches long, and six inches wide
- Small or clutch-sized purses or wallets, not exceeding 4.5 inches tall by 6.5 inches long
- One-gallon, clear, plastic freezer bags are permitted
- No large purses, bags, backpacks, or fanny packs will be permitted
- MECA staff members are not allowed to hold bags during an event
- Exceptions will be made for bags that are medically necessary after appropriate inspection