Walnut Radio, LLC has a great opportunity for a dynamic personality to lead our news department as the News Director for our Fremont, NE radio stations. We are local radio – we cover the local issues and stories that our hometown listeners want to read and hear about.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic communicator, team player, multitasker and driven self-starter. The News Director is responsible for the execution of local and breaking news creation and distribution to digital and radio platforms on a daily basis.
- Independently gather stories, news tips, plan regular features and spotlight news; follow up on story ideas from internal sources
- Write engaging, informative, professional, polished stories for our website and on-air
- Prepare audio news briefs for air multiple times per day
- Write, create, edit and produce video news stories multiple times weekly
- Additional video filming, voice work and other enterprise needs outside the newsroom on an as needed basis
Required Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism or a related field
- Audio: Adobe Audition
- Video: Mac OS Final Cut Pro
- Must be independently proficient in Windows OS, Mac OS, Microsoft Office Suite and other basic software.
If you’re interested in a career in local radio broadcasting, apply today! Send your resumé with one video story sample and one written story sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walnut Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.