Lincoln Premium Poultry is now hiring for all positions! New technology! New to Nebraska! Interested?
Apply online at LincolnPremiumPoultry.com, by calling 402-704-2200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PRODUCTION WORKERS – JOB DESCRIPTION:
CORE VALUE COMMITMENT:
All employees will demonstrate our culture of commitment to quality, respect for fellow employees and business partners, and responsibility to the environment and our community.
Take direction from Supervisor or Production Lead to accomplish production goals. This position handles a variety of roles and aspects of poultry processing such as; hanging, trimming, loading product in machines, packaging, boxing product, verifying weights of product, and ensures that all safety procedures and policies are being followed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participate as an active team member of production in assigned area of plant.
- Assist in training co-workers as directed.
- Perform repetitive tasks as assigned based on functional area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with established food safety programs, including HACCP programs, SSOPs and GMPs.
- Follow all Company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Company policy and procedures related to job functions.
- Knowledge of how to use required personal protective equipment.
- Knowledge of food safety programs, including HACCP programs, /SSOP’s and GMP’s.
- Skill in communicating in a courteous and professional manner to all employees.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions, including all safety policies as provided by Supervisor.
- Ability to work in cool temperatures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes to the needs of production.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in close proximity to other employees at some stations (less than 3 feet apart).
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk for entire 8-hour shift.
- Ability to work flexible hours if needed.
- Ability to be punctual for work on a daily basis as required for production schedule.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of one year of food or production experience preferable.
NOTE: The above job duties describe the general nature of work performed. From time to time additional duties may be required.