Cargill in Fremont, NE is now hiring Production Techs to join their team!
Job Description – 2nd Shift Production Technician (FRE02316)
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
This Full time position is located in Fremont, NE; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered.
Relocation assistance is not provided.
This is a 2nd Shift position
Operate multiple pieces of equipment to mix and pack, in proper bags with proper tags, feeds from bagging/dosing bins. This includes the operation of bin gates, sacking scale, forklift bag hanger, sewing machine, warehouse conveyors, and dosing system. Work in a safe, quality, and efficient manner consistent with company rules and regulations.
- Operate multiple pieces of production equipment, i.e. batching mixers, pellet mill, Packaging lines and micro dosing system. Obtain and review mixing records and printouts, set up machine properly according to mixing record and operating procedures. Insure that finished product is mixed, and packaged in proper bags and tags according to mixing record. Ensure equipment is weighing properly by following the company’s established quality assurance procedures. Sample all runs in accordance with established procedures. Inspect equipment for hazards, shields out of place, etc. Properly manufacture all runs in less than or equal to the targeted hours on the schedule.
- Keep work area and storage locations clean, well swept and neat in appearance at all times. Follow all established plant safety rules, including but not limited to, wearing proper clothing, eye protection, ear protection, and respiratory equipment.
- Notify supervisor immediately of problems, i.e., short or long bag run weights, contamination, color variations, etc. Report routine maintenance needs, unusual wear, or repairs needed on the above mentioned equipment to the shift supervisor.
- Stack and identify packaged products on a quality pallet according to standard procedures.
- Properly complete mixing record, and sign as required. Provide training to new employees and lesser skilled employees when the time arises for them to learn the Production Technician position. Other duties as required.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Must be able to operate industrial machinery
- Must be able to read/write English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime; including holidays, nights, weekends and different shifts with advance notice
- Forklift certified
- Previous feed production experience
- High School diploma or Equivalent
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer, including disability and vets.
To apply online, CLICK HERE.